Friends, I have something to confess: I am not a good packer. The ladies and lads who can pack for a month in a carry-on and still seem to have everything they need? Not me. I’m more the type to feel as if I need a fresh pair of pants for every day I’m away, not to mention the “just in case” outfits I pack for the things I imagine (to be fair, I could randomly be invited to a red carpet event). This from the lady who is perfectly comfortable wearing the same pjs for a week at home. However, this starts a month full of travel for me, and I am desperate to change my ways–as well as finally master the art of packing. So I went to masters (my well-packed and traveled friends) as well as the internet to get as many tips as I could! The best packing tips I have found are as follows:
- Roll your clothes, don’t fold them. This makes more space in your suitcase
- Limit yourself to one color palette. Out of this choose a pant, a jean, a dress, a flat and a heel. Build tops (the rule is 3 per bottom) around this.
- If needed take one neutral coat
- No more than three pairs of shoes (how with workouts I am going to do this is beyond me)
- You need only one pair of pjs per week you’re away
- When planning make a list of things you’re doing and what you’d like to wear to each activity. Then see what you can double up–wearing the same jeans (no one will know) or using yoga pants for sight seeing.
- If you have to add color or a pop to your outfits chose accessories–scarves, jewelry are easier to pack and take up less room.
I plan on incorporating as many of these tips as I can! I’d love to know–are you a light packer? What are your tips? I will keep you updated on my progress!
Happy Tuesday! XO RA