Some things that I’ve been thinking about since the calendar flipped over to October:
-we’re down to the last 90 days of 2019. Which just seems crazy! What is it that I want to accomplish in the last quarter? What will put me in the best position for 2020?
– Is basic or non-basic to say that I’m not really a PSL gal? Pumpkin? Yes, if we’re talking breads or muffins, or the real things. I’m just not one for flavoring my coffee with it. Or my popcorn. Or every thing else in my life. Why can’t we embrace fall flavors without going nutty about it?
The first question I’m still contemplating. The second I’m over, and will let every one else get PSL while I drink wine. (Imagine the winky face emoji right here)
But it is the time that I start thinking about my fall bucket list. I make one for every season, and while some are specific and some are rather general, I love going into a season with a sense of what I want to do. I’ve found time and time again that if I don’t make time in my life, I don’t have the time, so I’m a big fan of scheduling big things, and then trying to be spontaneous with little things.
And with that, these are things that I’m dying to experience this season:
– A Girls’ trip. Well, more than one. There are a few amazing women who are like family to me, and it’s been way too long since I’ve had some quality time with them.
-A seasonal outing. These seem so cliche, but apple picking or pumpkin patching are calling my name. I think it’s due to the fact that I don’t live in places where there is a ton of traditional fall weather and these activities feel like fall.
– A bonfire. Romantic and seasonal, all at the same time.
– Closet Cleanout and a deep clean (this is already mostly done!)
– A review of my career goals with strategies. So often I feel like we let the year wind down, I want to go out strong, and ring in the new year ahead.
-Gratitude. Every season, in its way, is a season of want. I really want to reconnect with my sense of gratitude, because really we are so so rich. Journaling, therapy, gratitude lists, bring it all on.
What am I missing? What else must I do this season? What are you doing this season?
Wishing us all a week of fall weather and amazing shoes! XO RA