The older I get the more I think of bucket lists like my travel itinerary. Yes, I want to plan things, there are things that I must do. And yet, I need to make sure that I have enough free time left to make magic happen.
Also, if I plan too much I’ll get stressed and nothing will get done. It’s the way I work!
So this summer, when making my summer bucket list, I tried to have broad things (1.spend as much time by water as possible) and specific things (2.go tubbing on the river by my mom’s house). The following are my loose goals for the summer, both to stretch me and keep me having fun!
(Yes, those were 1 and 2, so without further ado)
3. Wineries. In Texas. In California. Let’s just go and drink some wine.
4. Be more involved in my community. Both local and bigger. This means commit to the book club I’ve been asked to join, volunteer work, and make sure I have time for friends.
5. Plan a trip to Paris. I did have a big birthday after all!
6. Have a day off each week. Even if I do something, I need a day where I don’t work
7. Go to the CA beach. And maybe the East Coast. I take my number one bucket list item VERY seriously.
8. Paint. I do this privately, but love the release it gives me. It’s been a while since I’ve taken it up. This summer is time.
9. Expand my work network. There is so much I want to do and so many stories I want to tell you. Why not work it in the summer?
10. As much fun as I can fit. So broad, I know. When I think about summer, I think about fun. And the older we get, the more we seem to forget that. This summer I’m a little determined to bring joy back in-from BBQs to pool days to trips to art to it all, I’m looking to have a good time.
What are you hoping to do this summer? Do you make bucket lists?
Wishing us all a week of fun and amazing shoes! XO RA